Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, April 09, 2004

G.I. Joe v. Ken

I'm needing a prop for our trial on Saturday. I need a toy gun preferably a small snub nosed revolver. As a real weapon would never make it through the security of the City-County Building on Saturday I went to ToysRUs to see what I could find. I found swords from Lord of the Rings, $20 would have gotten me a lightsaber with the cool sound effects (I may have to go back later), a ton of remote control tanks, cars and stuff in the G.I. Joe section, but alas...no toy guns. I found a sales associate who looked to be about my age and asked him if they had any toy guns.

No, we don't carry anything that would even resemble a gun anymore. I don't know what kind of world we live in now, but sometimes someone will come in and ask if we have any G.I. Joes without guns. I just tell them to go get a Ken doll.

Wow, what a wussified society we've become. Playing cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, etc was one of the fun things I remember about being 5 years old. I had my sheriffs badge still made of metal back then and a little cowboy six-shooter. What more could a boy want back then?

I realize that many stupid idiots started to use toy guns to attempt a robbery and got shot. My thoughts, you got what you deserved. Don't go trying to rob people and don't try to fake out someone with a toy plastic gun. It's just Darwinism in action.

So now I have the little day-glo orange plastic gun. It'll be perfect as a facsimile of the 'gun' used in our robbery scenario for Trial Practice. But I'm going to have a hard time not giggling when handling it for our trial.

Was this the gun used in the robbery?
Yeah, but luckily I'm color blind so the day-glo orange was something I didn't notice before.


P.S. I always had my G.l. Joe beat up Ken and drive Barbie's Corvette away. I'm sure the statute of limitations is over on that by now.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.