Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Have We Forgot About MEN?

Quick study break requires me to do something useful. So I hopped online for a couple of wedding registries that one of my best friends is on. After 6 years of dating the girl he finally popped the question and the joyous day is Saturday. As I'm at Bed, Bath and Beyond I notice that most of the gifts are cute house-type stuff. Bed sheets, cooking pans, various kitchen utinsels, etc. Nothing really manly. I couldn't stand the thought of getting him a bathroom towel knowing that he would think of me every time he used it. It's not right.

Thank god he's registered at Sears as well! They had plenty of the cute stuff as well, but tools and yard equipment was there as well. MANLY STUFF! *grunt* Levels, Shop-Vacs, Broken screw extractors, and other manly things. An entire line of products called Crafts-MAN! If I could have found a double rigged leather belt that woudl hold two power drills I would have got that. Hey...that's a good idea to make one of those.

So I found something cool, practical, and with luck I'll get to use it sometimes when I come over to the house. If he things of me every time he uses it, well I won't mind with this gift. What will the future wife think? Eh who cares!

PS: you got to love online shipping. For $8 I don't even need to pick it up and wrap it :-)

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.