Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Room With A View...

...of an interstate and a big neon "Liquor" sign. Personally I was hoping for a nice view of the river and skyline. Perhaps a nice view of the rolling Kentucky hills would be a nice second choice. No. The Old Man and I have a view of the interstate. The hotel our seminar is in has interesting archietectural designs. It looks like a large corncob in faded pastel pink and concrete.

Still, it has an indoor pool and the lower lobby is supposedly nice. I believe the gym is down there as well. The 18th floor has a revolving restaurant alledgedly as well. The immediate area is mostly gas stations, fast-food, and liquor stores, but the Mom & Pop pizza joint we grabbed dinner from was FAB-U-LOUS! The decor was trash, but the pizza was umm-umm good.

By my WAG we're only 1.5 to 2 miles from the fabled Hafbrauhaus we went to in early March. (I can't believe I didn't type a post about the trip itself. Just getting the drunks home was worth several quotes. ) Good German beerhalls are treasures. Hopefully Old Man and myself can grab dinner there tonight. I'll try to convince it it's fine until the trendy college crowd hits it.

I didn't realize the Bangels and Reds' stadiums were so close to each other. Pehaps next year I'll swing down to Cincy to catch a ball game. Are the Reds any good or do they stink?

Time for a quick nap before our afternoon session.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.