Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, October 28, 2005

Come Get Your White Sheets, Hoods, & Secret Rituals.

Some believe Indiana is the upraised middle finger of the South. In the 1910s and '20s we were the national headquarters of the Klan. Looks like a piece of that history is on sale this Saturday in Lebanon. An estate sale of deceased antique collectors revealed a copyrighted 1918 version of the Kloran. "The Kloran, or White Book, describes in detail various Klan rituals with its contents not be divulged to non-Klan members."

I wasn't aware the rituals of the Klan required 54 pages. I thought their rituals were pretty simple.
  1. Find blacks, Jews, or homosexuals.
  2. Plant a large cross in their front yard and light on fire.
  3. Scare them.
  4. Optional: lynch them.
Shows you what I know I guess. Looks like the estate sale wants $350 for it.

"The Ku Klux Klan became a social and political force in Indiana following World War I and into the 1920s. The group consisted of native-born, white Protestants who were against Catholics, Jews, African-Americans, immorality and drinking."

The Klan was against immorality??? I guess they didn't consider intimidation and lynching to be immoral.

By the way, I don't recommend Klansman as a Halloween costume. Although seeing the black guy wearing it on campus is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. If ONLY I had a camera at the time.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.