Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Run A Lap!

I was the stereotypical sadistic gym teacher today. I made children run laps! Okay they were supposed to run laps according to the other gym teacher. The difference between 6th graders and 8th graders is amazing. Some 6th graders are so tiny. Some 8th graders are as big as me. Yikes!

This had to have been one of the easiest intro to teaching sessions ever. I had home room, made the kids read, then helped the female gym teacher run 5 classes worth of kids. It appears co-ed gym classes require co-ed gym teachers. Some of my duties were simply to be in the boys' locker room to make sure the children weren't goofing off.

I can understand why some people like being in the teaching profession. I wonder if I'll get a call tomorrow morning? If so, what will I teach and where? I think I'll enjoy this. The principlal already noted I got a good review this morning. Might be the first time I was in the principal's office for something good I've done.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.