Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Radical Thoughts

Given the devastation occurring to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina I wonder if it should be rebuilt. I'm serious. A city below sea level was a disaster waiting to happen. Many people knew this and now the worse fears are being realized. I never thought I would see an American city ordered to be completely evacuated.

Perhaps it should be rebuilt further inland and above sea level, I don't know. Would the new city be named Newer Orleans?


As for the looting of your own neighbors, I truly don't understand some people. You don't have a home now because it is underwater. Where are you going to put your stolen goods. Oh, a more basic question why loot in the middle of a natural disaster?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.