Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Dead Cell Phone

I've only had a cell phone for not quite 2 years. In those 2 years it is one of the most useful devises I've ever seen. Call friends after 9pm and the long distance is free. Make a quick call to get one or two useful bits of information. Be able to move somewhere that is fairly private to make a phone call instead of next to the public pay phone. I've never been close to exceeding my minutes.

No, the old reliable cell phone refuses to power up. Put it in the charger and the battery doesn't want to recharge. I plug the phone into a wall outlet to run on A/C and it powers up and immediately shuts down due to "low battery." How damned annoying is that?

Sadly I don't believe I wrote down all the phone numbers in my phone to my little black book. Well only 5 people call me anyway and 3 of them read this blog. Hey all I'm running silent for awhile. I'll let you know when I get the phone fixed or a replacement. It was due to be replaced next month anyway as the contract was up.

What crappy timing.

EDIT: Since Dad and I are on the family plan with identical phones we did a battery swap. His battery in my phone worked fine. My battery in his phone didn't do jack. However we put the batteries back and I let my phone charge up a bit on his charger. My battery shouldn't have been too depleted as it rarely gets below 2 out of 3 bars of charge. I simply haven't used the phone very much lately either. After a quicky recharge (we just went out lunch) I turned on my phone and it was happy.

Goofy battery? Maybe. Goofy charger? Maybe. At least I have a charger that plugs into my car's cigarette lighter. I might use that as an alternative for a bit.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.