Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I Wonder About My Classmates Sometimes.

Picture this: you're spent the last 3 or 4 years of your life earning a Juris Doctorate degree. You've spent a metric buttload of money to get that degree. You still have to take the bar exam to become a lawyer. You've paid well over $1,000 to be in a bar review class to prepare you to take the worst exam of your life (unless you happen to be a M.D., then Boards are even worse I'll admit). You've spent a lot of time and money in preparation. So why do you do any of the following:
  • Not attend class.
  • Fall asleep during the lecture (okay maybe you were not asleep, but your eyes were closed a long time).
  • Giggle incessantly and loudly thus disturbing your classmates.
  • When given a practice exam to take in class, to simply leave. Where do you have to go? What do you have to do? A quarter of the class left after one practice exam was handed out. Are you going to take the exam from the comfort of home while timing yourself?
  • Leave early before the end of the lecture. Are you not booking the entire morning as a block of time? (Okay if you're not feeling well physically I can understand that.)
I'll admit I'm not studying as well at home as I would like to be. To get through some of these overdetailed, incredibly dense outlines can take me the rest of the day. The way I see it though, if you've put in this much time and money, at least put in the effort by attending lectures and paying attention.

We're going uphill at this point. One more month to go. Let's get to work people!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.