Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Victory Field is only 3 blocks from campus. Sadly it is raining right now and the afternoon will be dreary if drier. Why do I care? The Indianapolis Indians start their home opener at 2pm today against the Pawtucket Red Sox. Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling will be pitching for Pawtucket as part of his ankle rehab.

Why do I have one class today that conflicts? Doesn't Opening Day count as a holiday? I thought it did. I implore my professors to cancel their afternoon classes. Some things are simply more important than the law. Maybe we should boycott classes? Who would have thought 3 years here would have turned me into such a rable-rouser?

EDIT: If it were warmer, or at least sunny, I would have skipped. If a friend could have snuck out of the office I would have gone. You have to have some incentive to go when the weather is sub-optimal. Another 2pm start time occurs just after graduation. That sounds tempting!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.