Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, March 25, 2005

What's So Good About This Friday?

I've always been honest about this: I don't know jack about religion. Because it is Good Friday some places are closed, some professors have cancelled classes (none of mine though), and it is a big deal to many people. I was curious why Good Friday is such a big deal. Though several people have assumed I'm Catholic because I "act Catholic", whatever that means (no wait it's the guilt and sacrifice factors in my life and all those Catholic girlfriends), I have a minimal understanding of most Christian holidays. Or in today's case, I simply couldn't remember what Good Friday was about. I'm sure I just shocked and offended many people with my ignorance, but get over it.

When in doubt look it up! This is called research and it is a good thing. So today is the...well celebration isn't the right word...comemoration of Jesus getting crucified. Okay, now I understand why today is important to about a quarter of the planet.

For those fasting good luck and though today is the one day mass doesn't happen I'm sure there are other ways of celebrating.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.