Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, March 04, 2005

So That's What Happened To Smallville!

I don't watch much television, but the few shows I do watch I watch with near religious fervor. Since I only get 4 or 5 functional channels when one of my favs comes on I'll watch it. Sadly the local affiliate for The WB has a horrible transmitter. Before cable and satellite TV permeated the landscape we had a local saying for that station and it's infamous lack of transmission quality "Fucking up like Channel 4 again!"

So I have this problem, Smallville (my major TV vice) is on The WB and hence unviewable (cable too expensive) to me. I used to live about a mile from here and could get Channel 4 fairly well, but that apartment complex was on top of a hill. Usually the parents are nice enough to TiVo Smallville for me or I just happen to go over to the parents' house after my night class to have dinner and TV.

The TV guide and local newspaper said Wednesday was going to be the Purdue-Illinois game. ESPN reserved a contractual clause to move the game to Thursday night (Purdue lost by 34 points sadly), but most guide services (including the one for TiVo) had the mistake. At 10pm Wednesday night I was seeing how good my Channel 4 reception would be (got picture for once, but no sound) and saw Everyone Loves Raymond. Something was horribly wrong! Smallville aired at 8pm Wednesday like normal around here and no one knew! Guess I'll have to wait for the reruns in a few weeks.

Oh by the way Clark: Chloe, Chloe, Chloe! Stay away from Lana because redheads, whether natural or bottled, are nothing but trouble! Beside you'll eventually get married to Chloe's cousin Lois Lane anyway so...on second thought I better not finish that thought.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.