Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Last Semester Decisions

I've been so tired, distracted, frustrated, and mopey lately that I forgot to figure out what I wanted to take for my final semester. A very bad sign when we schedule at 8am tomorrow! I'll graduate with far more credits than I need (I refuse to take ONLY 4 credits next semester for a wide variety of reasons) and it has proven impossible to take all the classes the school recommends.

Class X has a conflict with Class Y. Okay how about take Class W instead of Class X? Class W has a conflict with Class Z! I now wonder if taking some classes that I would actually enjoy instead of all bar classes this semester and previous semesters is coming to bite me in the ass for the spring? I refuse to take nothing but bar courses. For a last semester there should be at least one class that sounds interesting to me as a release.

Perhaps I should take only 11 credits? (Don't worry I know it is less than full time, but I'll far exceed those wacky ABA residency requirements so I'm safe to graduate) It may help so many things in my life. I would have free time to do the pro bono work that I've wanted to do for 3 years (it is wrong of me to not give more), or perhaps get a part time job to earn money, or maybe even look for a job!

Speaking of jobs today was the first time I submitted a bid on the Office of Professional Development this year. It was the first time they had a job that interested me. I need to be in there far more, but the position asked for a writing sample. The new lady thought it looked snazzy that my writing sample can be printed on paper with the Westlaw logo on it. A small victory perhaps? I'll take them where I can get them now.

EDIT: Wow, I had no idea how uninspiring this schedule is. It fully lives up to the universal scorn I've heard from others. I'm almost tempted to take Admiralty Law with Mags just because! One last "Why the ^%#$ did you take that class" moment!

EDIT Friday 10-5-2004: Well crap! There was no way to get answers to the numerous questions I had before 8am so I overscheduled just so I can have time to figure things out. I hope to figure out the class situation soon and drop down from the current 17 credits listed (YIKES!!!!!!) to a more reasonable 10, 11, or 12 credits. The system complained that I couldn't schedule one class, I deleted it, but then it showed back up when I was ready to confirm. Go figure.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.