Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Bittersweet Reminders

You've heard me praise my friend CAG before. I like 85 to 90% of her personality. That last 10 to 15% on the other hand came out last night in a phone call as a pleasant reminder for why I am thankful she is an EX-relationship and not a current relationship.

Brian you have to be happy about [blah, blah, blah, blah referring to subject x].
You know I don't really want to talk about [subject x].
Yeah, but [keeps talking about subject x].
I'm sorry the cell connection must have sucked and you didn't hear me. I just don't really want to talk about [subject x] right now.
Hey, Brian you won it all. I'm surprised you're not dancing in the streets [continues on about subject x].
Look I'm just not in the mood to debate you on [subject x]. There will be no joy in it for me. Can we talk about other things tonight?
[Goes off on a tanget to subject x].
*CLICK*

I gave four foul balls hoping she would simply pay attention to what I was saying and here's a novel concept maybe take into account my preferences on the topic of conversation. Hey normally it's a three strikes and you're out rule, but she's a special relationship so I'm willing to take a little more crap from her than I would from a stranger.
[30 seconds later]*RING*
Did you hang up on me?
Yep, I hung up on you.
Wow, you were serious!

A shame the telephone is an audio only format as the look on my face had to be impressive. Is it any wonder she is an ex?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.