Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Saturday, September 04, 2004

The Sport Of Champions

New stuff at the bottom:

Awww..college football is truly in full swing now. The rivalries, the traditions, the colorful band pageantry, the tailgates before the game. Now my sports mind is at attention: Purdue begins the season tomorrow! The food is bought and packed, the folding chairs are by the front door. Early in the morning I'll trek to Brownsburg to meet up with my tailgating partner and his son whom we are training in the proper ways of the game.

Omelets, and beer; brats, and beer; listening to the band, and beer. My liver is evil and it must be punished! Please don't think of me as an alcoholic football fan, thought I am. Think of me as...well crap I am an alcoholic football fan. Oh well! Will you still respect me in the morning?

Let's check the Big 10 scores:
Indiana whacked Central Michigan hard. BOO! Why can't the MAC have 1 good upset?
Michigan won big against Miami of Ohio. YEAH.
Ohio State won big against Cincinnati. YEAH.
Michigan State lost to Rutgers. BOO.
Wisconsin mauled University of Central Florida. YEAH.
Minnesota is currently nuking Toledo. YEAH.
Illinois spanked Central Florida. YEAH.
Penn State pounced on Akron. YEAH.
Northwestern losses in OT to TCU. How typical!

Though not in the Big 10, Notre Dame is losing by 10 points at the end of the 3rd to BYU!
Die, Notre Dame, DIE!!!

Tomorrow I predict huge victory by the Gold and Black over those annoying Syracuse Orangemen. YEAH BABY!!!! The colorful band pageantry rules too!

EDIT 9-06-2004:
  1. Loving the fact the coach as a big brass pair between his legs as he decided to go for it on 4th and 1 in the 1st quarter.
  2. 75 yard aerial bombs for a touchdown. WOW!
  3. Regretting missing most of the band's pregame show. It looks like there are a few changes at least at the end to help introduce the team.
  4. I LOVE the opening sequence on the Jumbotron this year, and I really LOVED the sequence last year. How many parodies of DC superheros did you catch?
  5. It is so nice to go back to Section 22 and having the press box shade us by the middle of the third quarter.
  6. It's 4th and 6 and you're going for it! Is Coach Tiller nuts? Look at QB Orton scramble, oh no the receiver was interfered with! Ack the ball is tipped up and game for anyone! The receiver is laying flat on his back and the ball just lands on him. TOUCHDOWN!!!!
  7. Doc never let us take off our band jackets in the first hot game of the year! We had 3 picollos sweat themselves into oblivion one game. We just left their empty uniforms and instruments laying there!
  8. Even our second team was better than Syracuse's second team.
  9. I had sunscreen on and still look like a lobster. Without sunscreen I'm sure I would set off a geiger counter today.
  10. Purdue 51: Syracuse 0! SWEEEEET!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.