Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Separation Saturday Was EXXXXCELLENT!

I'm so glad I didn't go to the Ball State game yesterday. My beloved Boilers won, but I had too many other things to do. With the AM radio on I didn't miss much though. At least they're playing somewhat better now, but the sputtering of the 1st and 4th quarters is still a concern.

The most important news is that I was 9 for 12 in the pool this weekend. Had Oklahoma survived those interesting non-calls against the Oregon Ducks I would be sitting pretty in the polls now. (That was a great game regardless. I wish I watched it.)

Neither Michigan nor Notre Dame are in my pool but that was the best game to watch. It was never close, but watching the Irish humiliated on their own field is always special to me. The drubbing they took should shut up the fanbase concerning national championships. ND is overrated and everyone who thought about it knew it. ND didn't even beat anyone with a winning record last year. The win should calm down Lloyd Carr critics for a bit unless he loses to Ohio State yet again.

I caught the last 3 minutes of the Bowden Bowl. Tommy beat his daddy at daddy's house. Florida State trashed Clemson's kicking game that night so it was weird to see a 4th and goal without a kicker. If you're on Clemson's special teams you ought to be embaressed that the coach has so little faith in you that he goes for it on 4th and goal to win the game.

I thought Tennessee had Florida wrapped up, but I guess I was wrong. The Vols fall in the last 2 minutes.

I wish I had seen more of the Auburn/LSU slugfest for the SEC West. Auburn scores only a touchdown and they still win the game.

Last and least fellow Big 10 university Indiana LOSES to Division I-AA Southern Illinois 35-28. Guys, what time is it?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.