Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bad Cell Phone.

The family is getting new cell phones and carrier. I have no problem with my old phone and service, but I'm being forced to upgrade due to our family package. Getting a new cell phone appears to be a two step process: tell the phone itself what its phone number is and activate the service. When the phones arrived my father noticed my phone didn't have a number. He called customer service and they performed some technomagic to imprint the phone number. The bad news is they also activated the service on the new phone.

Which means my old phone service (and old phone) was automatically deactivated!

I now have a very fancy phone book with a LCD screen. Otherwise the old phone is useless deadweight. Looks like I need to head across town to pick up the new hardware. Call me at home if you need me.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.