Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, December 16, 2005

High School Comedy

From the great book of my life: Tales Of An Overqualified Substitute Teacher.

Things have changed since I went to school. The elementary, middle schools, and high school have televisions in the rooms now and the morning announcements are performed by the students/staff. No boring principal reading the announcements over the speaker anymore.

Yesterday I was the TV teacher so I saw the news set. They have a 3 person main desk, a sports area with scoreboard, and an extra area for visiting choirs, bands, speech teams (all the non-athletic stuff). The room with all the video production and editing equipment would make a small town station cry in envy.

Anyway during today's announcements when the camera panned to the Sports Reporter he wore a Ron Artest Pacers jersey with a "Trade Me" sign taped on. Now that was funny!

One day I'll have serious thoughts again, but I haven't had the time.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.