Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, November 07, 2005

Are You SERIOUSLY Asking Me This Question?

"There's no such thing as a stupid question."

I understand the sentiment of the quote. It encourages you to ask questions to better understand something. However, I strongly disagree with the statement. YES there IS such a thing as a stupid question.

My parents love me. They only want what is best for me, but tonight Dad asked a stupid question.

Dad, "Have you heard back from any of those resumes you sent out?"
Me, "Nope." (very matter of factly)
Dad, "Well how come you haven't heard back from them yet?"

My mind is in gear to figure out a way to point out that is a stupid question without being disrespectful to my father.

Me, "You're asking the wrong person that question."

Seriously what was my father thinking? Does he believe all lawyers have a gossip network that I'm tied into? Does he believe my mental powers have expanded to include telepathy or being omniscient?

Here's the answer to the question: I don't know. A thousand reasons could exist for that answer. They saw my resume and tossed it to the circular file. They want to start interviews, but the Human Resources person is on vacation. They're just plain taking their sweet time. Perhaps the reason is some other option I haven't mentioned.

Does anyone thing I truly enjoy being the highest educated substitute teacher in the state?

Screw it I'm going to bed. At least the Colts are up 21-7 over the Patriots at halftime.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.