Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, August 08, 2005

Random Thoughts

Why random thoughts? To be honest I want to be lazy and have no desire to pontificate on something huge now.

My DVD player has partially forsaken me. If it quit playing all DVDs I could accept that. No it teases me with playing some DVDs but not others. It likes Gladiator, Princess Bride, and American Pie. It doesn't play any Bruce Campbell DVD, and had a hiccup with the intro of BSG. Applying Windex to the DVDs doesn't help so I know they aren't dirty despite what the player says. I purchased a DVD player lens cleaner. It is a DVD with bristles on the underside. Is it a bad sign when the DVD player insists the DVD cleaning disk is dirty and refuses to recognize it? Actually none of the CD-ROM drives in my computer recognize the cleaning disk either. Did Memorex just swipe $10 from me for a bogus product?

I laughed when I saw them: dolls/action figures from Army of Darkness and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. The funniest thing was the "enhancement factor" that often occurs when action figures are made of women. The Willow figure was far more amply endowed than actress Alyson Hannigan is. Most actresses actually seem to like that effect.

Speaking of Buffy alum Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase) will be playing a young stepmom on Veronica Mars this season. Wait a second, is anyone able to get married on that show? Daddy Echolls should be in jail and unable to wed. Keith Mars has the hots for Wallace's mom. Who can Cordy be a stepmom to?

You know computer equipment has come a long way when you see a case with a deep black lacquor finish that a grand piano would be envious of. If you just looked at the box you wouldn't think it was a computer.

Batman Begins on the IMAX screen kicks ass.

The Mighty Green Ranger carrying a large pink plastic smokestack is amusing to see. I feel sorry for the guy mowing his lawn with the confused look on his face at that sight.

The problem with the downtown canal is that it isn't a destination by itself. It really needed a few restarants by it to liven it up instead of apartments, condos, office complexes, and the State Musuem.

I still want a motorcycle.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.