Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Once More With Feeling*

Title shamelessly stolen from The Fabulous Kelly P.'s post on the same topic.

The annual law school talent show is upon us this Saturday. My first year I merely paid my ticket to attend the event. My second year I decided to have my petty fiefdom assist in sponsoring the talent show. Got our society's name in the program. Oh yeah I also paid my ticket to attend the talent show. This year I wanted to do more. I'm actually going to be in the talent show. On top of that I've also donated some petty fiefdom money to once again sponsor the show. All ticket sales and donations go to the Loan Repayment Assistance Program. LRAP is a program to encourage lawyers to take valuable, yet poorly paying, legal jobs in the public sector. LRAP assists with paying those crushing student loans back.


But enough of my do-gooder routine! You want to know about the act. Originally I was wanting to have a comedy routine with appropriate musical elements. I quickly ran into a problem. I haven't played a horn regularly in over 10 years. Lips, like any muscle, are a use it or lose it situation. I can't even play C and D notes on a Bb scale for warmups. Oh crap! I knew there was no way to get my lips into playing condition so I'll have to use them in a different way: pure standup comedy.

The Fabulous Kelly P., as producer/director, is okay with us doing standup routines. We just have to keep it fairly clean as the talent show is advertised as a family friendly event. No F-bombs, no B-bombs, no S-bombs, though imposing on my freedom of speech this isn't too much of a limitation. I can do plenty of funny stuff without my usual profane potty mouth. When I'm on a rant Eric Cartman has nothing on me.

So if you're not doing anything Saturday night, come on down to The Black Hole and see the faculty, staff, and students perform their dreams. American Legal Idol 101 for only $5.

Oh yeah, two words: CASH BAR.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.