Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, February 11, 2005

Not Quite The Good Samaritan

She flagged me down in the parking lot after class. I had some jumper cables so I figured she would be okay. No luck, the Honda just wouldn't turn over at all. It was like the battery wasn't even in the car. Even if the alternator was dead the jump should at least start the car, the battery just wouldn't recharge with a dead alternator.

I called the campus cops for her to see if they could jump start her (not likely) or try a few other tricks. I let her use my cell phone to see if some friends of her would pick her up. The good new is yes they were on their way.

She thanked me profusely for trying to help. I still felt bad because I couldn't solve her problem. The campus car crew arrived, but it felt like I was just handing off the problem to someone else.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.