Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, January 28, 2005

Per Chance To Dream The Impossible Dream

As much as I can't stand the Black Hole I really want to be a lawyer. It has been a dream of mine for nearly five years now. Yet opportunity came knocking on another dream of mine. I've always dreamed of being a writer. I've written journals for various classes, I've sent travelouge emails to friends and family as I toured the world, and I've created my own small publishing empire online.

My ability to contribute to the Black Hole's blog and Confessions is something that I treasure. Sometimes I'm critical and want to make you think. Sometimes I simply want to amuse you. Sometimes I just want someone to listen to me.

I found an opportunity to write for a local magazine. It would be a pure part time gig. I have no idea what it pays, but hopefully enough for beer and nachos. I have no idea what topics they want me to write on or if I have freedom to write whatever I want within certain parameters. But I'm known to gamble and take chances, and I wanted this chance. I cherry picked 15 posts. Some from here at Confessions, some from the school's blog. I didn't always send the best stuff because I wanted to demonstrate the ride range of writing styles that I have. So I picked a best of category post, though I would have gladly sent a few different ones that I thought were better if not for the fact I had already selected from that category.

Sometimes others remind me that my words have power. I hope they do. I want this chance. I want this dream.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.