Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The Beginning Of The End

In some ways I am glad that classes have begun. It is the beginning of my third and final year of school. It should be a pinnacle of a scholastic career. In reality it simply marks the end of a bad and frustrating summer. My summer classes did not go well. I did not gain any real world legal experience that I wanted to acquire. I didn't find a job that lasted very long to provide the money I needed. I didn't even have a break to be away from here and recharge myself for this upcoming year.

I've been limping for since last September. So many activities, so many classes, so many duties and responsibilities. 'The second year they work you to death' how true indeed it was. It broke my mind. It broke my body. It almost, but didn't, break my spirit though.

The third year is a chance of new beginnings. Not quite the recharge I was looking for, yet it will have to do. New mentees to guide, new writers to shape as I was shaped last year, new classes to learn from, new experiences to live through. Today began new opportunities. The trials, tribulations, and outright failures from this past year provided me with opportunities to learn about the world, myself, and how I fit in it.

The greatest challenges help define who we are. I'm not ready for this challenge to define me just yet. I will grow and be more than what I am now, more than what I was before. The end of this chapter has just begun. I intend for it to be an exciting end.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.