Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Finally, The Top 25 16 Songs.

Stare Decisis has tortured me with this meme. I hate you now.

4:00 pm July 7, 2006 EDIT: You are doing very well. If the rest aren't guessed soon I'll start giving a few clues.
July 10, 2006 EDIT: I'm providing a few hints.
July 11, 2006 EDIT: I've provided another series of clues for the 2 remaining songs. If this isn't solved by Thursday the 13th I'll give the answers. You still have Songs #1, 4, 8, and 16 to guess.
Thursday July 13, 2006 EDIT: THE ANSWERS ARE GIVEN FOR SONGS #1, 4, 8.

A.If you’ve got an iPod or similar technology, copy your Top 25 Most Played. [This is going to be a problem as I don't have an iPod or similar technology. I don't even have a Discman. I'm forced to choose 25 random songs now.]
B. Then pick a lyric from each.
C. Post the lyrics on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the song is.
E. Either strike out the lyric once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the lyric.
F. Extra points for knowing the artist. Let’s not go overboard and try to figure out albums. I’m not even sure I could figure some of them out. Heck, some of the lyrics would stump me and I'm the one posting them.
G. NO INTERNET ASSISTANCE.

Song #1
Don't it feel right like this?
All the pieces fall to his wish
"Sucker for that quick reward, boy"
"Sucker for that quick reward", they say


HINT: Napster-haters.
HINT #2: From a live album that included a classical collaboration.
ANSWER: Yes it is Metallica. The song is No Leaf Clover off the S&M cd. I'm surprised no one got this one given the airplay the song had a few years ago when it came out.

Song #2
Jump back, what's that sound
Here she comes, full blast and top down
Hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue
Model citizen zero discipline

Panama by Van Halen guessed by Bauer

Song #3
how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where i've become so numb without a soul
my spirit sleeping somewhere cold

Bring Me To Life by Evanescence guessed by Stare Decisis.

Song #4
Got no love for politicians
Or that crazy scene in D.C.

It's just a power mad town
But the time is ripe for changes


HINT: This concept album about a brainwashed drug addict is often mentioned to be as good as The Who's Tommy and Pink Flyod's The Wall. I'm surprised the Fabulous Kelly P. didn't get this one as I know she loves the lead singer who is a former opera student.
See the hint for Song #13.
HINT #2: It is 18 years later and a sequal to this album was just released a few months ago. The war always phones ahead.
ANSWER: Queensryche singing Revolution Calling off Operation: Mindcrime. I'm knew this would be the toughest one to get. Aside from the song Silent Lucidity Queensryche was never a large from a Billboard charts point of view. You had to be a fan of 80's metal to know this one.

Song #5
Someone told me,
Love would all save us.
But how can that be?
Look what love gave us.
A world full of killing,
And blood spilling.
That world never came.

Hero by Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) and Josey Scott (Saliva) guessed by KNH.

Song #6
I'm sick with this. Straight gangsta mack.
But sometimes I get ridiculous.
I eat up all tha crackers and tha licorace.
Hey yo fatgirl commere are ya ticklish?

The Humpty Dance by Digital Underground guessed by Bauer.

Song #7
Lyrics lyrics constant controversy
Sponsors workin round the clock
To try to stop my concerts early
Surely hip hop is never a problem in Harlem only in Boston
After it bothered ya fathers of daughters startin to blossom

White America by Eminem guessed by Senor Pez.

Song #8
Cocaine
Alcohol
Lady-lay
Withdrawal


HINT: Given the fact some of the band members are from Guns and Roses the above lyrics are appropriate.
HINT #2: They are a soft gun.
ANSWER: Superhuman by Velvet Revolver. Again I'm surprised as this song got extensive airtime.

Song #9
You got to whip it up
And hit me like a ton of lead
If I blow my top
Will you let it go to your head

Gimme All Your Lovin' by ZZ Top guessed by Bauer.

Song #10
I never will forget those nights
I wonder if it was a dream
Remember how you made me crazy?
Remember how I made you scream?

The Boys Of Summer by Don Henely [NOTE: One of the best music videos ever.]

Song #11
People, don't you understand
The child needs a helping hand
Or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day
Take a look at you and me,

Are we too blind to see,
Or do we simply turn our heads and look the other way?

In The Ghetto by Elvis guessed by the Fabulous Kelly P.

Song #12
I'm a rolling thunder, a pouring rain
I'm comin' on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only young but you're gonna die

AC/DC Hell's Bells guessed by Legal Quandrary.

Song #13
Every time I leave
You say you won't be there.
And you're always there.
Every time I cry your name at night,
you pull close and say it's alright.

Jet City Woman by Queensryche correctly guessed by the Fabulous Kelly P.


HINT: Same artist, but different album as Song #4. This album was the highwatermark of the group's commercial popularity.

Song #14
Hey listen here
Now I've got mortgages and homes
I've got stiffness in my bones
Ain't no beauty queens in this localityI tell you
Oh but I still get my pleasure
Still got my greatest treasure
Heap big woman you gonna a big man of me

Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen guessed by Bauer.

Song #15
all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel guessed by Bauer.

Song #16
Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who'd believe you'd come along


HINT: This iconic and often spoofed singer is a hard jewel. He sang in the high school choir with Barbara Streisand. He also wrote several songs for The Monkees.

Hint #2: Saving Silverman, Will Ferrell impersonation, The Jazz Singer, well liked on The O.C.
Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. Correctly guessed by Charlsie. You're right it is an excellent karoke song. This was the last song correctly guessed.

Okay that's it. I've spent too much time trying to find 25 songs. You're only getting 16 songs. There is a point were online memes get TOO LONG!!!!!

EDIT: Okay a few more for you since I have some free time. Bauer isn't allowe to play with these. Other people need to guess the songs please.

Song #17
It burned like a ball of fire
When the rebel took a little child bride
To tease yeah so go easy yeah
Cause love cuts a million ways
Shakes the devil when he misbehaves
I aint nobody's fool
Come on shake it up
Whatever I do

Cradle Of Love by Billy Idol guessed by the
Fabulous Kelly P.

Song #18
I wake up in the morning
And I raise my weary head
I've got an old coat for a pillow
And the earth was last night's bed
I don't know where I'm going
Only God knows where I've been
I'm a devil on the run
A six gun lover
A candle in the wind

Blaze Of Glory by Bon Jovi guessed by
Nancy Drew (love your work BTW)

Song #19
Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born In the USA by Bruce Springsteen guessed by
Stare Decisis.

Song #20
Gonna be a penthouse pauper
Gonna be a millionaire
I'm gonna be a real fast talker and have me a love affair
Gotta get my timin' right
It's a test that I gotta pass
I'll chase you all the way to the stairway honey
Kiss your sassafras

Love In An Elevator by Aerosmith guessed by
Legal Quandary (who is very good at this I see)

Song #21
I can’t wait to see you
Want to see if you still got that look in your eyes
That one you had for me before we said our goodbyes
And it’s a shame that we got to spend our time
Being mad about the same things

Over And Over by Nelly and Tim McGraw guessed by
Topor Indy.

Song #22
Johnny take a dive with your sister in the rain
Let her talk about the things you can't explain
To touch is to heal
To hurt is to steal
If you want to kiss the sky
Better learn how to kneel (on your knees boy)

Mysterious Ways by US guessed by
Stare Decisis.

Song #23
so we sip a liitle something, leave the rest to spill.
me and charlie at the bar running up a high bill
nutin; less than ill when we dress to kill,
and every time the ladies pass they be like "Hi will"

Miami by Will Smith guessed by the
Fabulous Kelly P.

Song #24
He said, "Son, I've made a life out of readin' people's faces.
Knowin' what the cards were by the way they held their eyes.
So if you don't mind my sayin', I can see you're out of aces,
For a taste of your whiskey, I'll give you some advice."

The Gambler by Kenny Rogers guessed by
braingirl.

Song #25
What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me ?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key.

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends by The Beatles guessed by
braingirl.
I'm sorry Charlsie but The Beatles sang the song first in 1967. Joe Cocker didn't sing it until 1969 and the song is written by Paul McCartney and John Lennon.





|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.