Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Movie Meme

EDIT: You're getting close to finishing all of them.
EDIT v2.0: Movie #9 is the only one left. Can someone step up to the plate?
EDIT v3.0: Congrats. All 11 movies have been found! I admit I made it a little hard by giving a few of the more obscure quotes and spanning nearly 28 years worth of films.

Braingirl at Hoosiers Ate My Brain tagged me (you little ... ;-) ). I was going to blog about eating at Brugge Brasserie (thus intruding on Braingirl's Feed Me/Drink Me domain) but instead I now must do this meme.

A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Either strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the quote.
F. Extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name.

Movie #1 (This entire movie is nothing but good quotes.)
"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. "

Army of Darkness - Ash - Bruce Campbell. Guessed by Bauer.

Movie #2 (Once again this entire movie is nothing but good quotes.)
"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now. "

Blues Brothers. I'll give you credit even though you were unsure. Guessed by Bauer.
Said by Elwood - Dan Ackroyd.

Movie #3 (Not my favorite quote, but if I go with one of the best ones it makes the movie too easy to guess).
Woman: Please tell me what you're feeling.
Man: There's a man out there I haven't seen in 15 years who's trying to kill me. You show me a son that'd be happy to help. My son. My life that could have been... and wasn't. How do I feel? Old. Worn out.
Woman: Let me show you something that will make you feel young as when the world was new.

I'll provide another hint as this one is stumping all. I dare say: BEST DEATH SCENE EVER!

"We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan. First quote is Dr. Carol Marcus and Admiral James Kirk played by Bibi Besch and William Shatner. Guessed by Bauer. The second quote is naturally Kirk's funeral speech for Spock.

Movie #4
Man #1: I'm sorry about that delousing. Just standard procedure.
Man #2: It's powdered sugar.
Man #1: The lice hate the sugar.
Man #2: It's delicious.
Super Troopers - Farva & the Stansberry Police Captain. Guessed by Bauer.

Movie #5
Boy: We've got company.
Man: Police?
Woman: How many?
Boy: Uh, all of them, I think.

I'll try another hint. These might be the next lines actually.

Other Man: I'll take care of the police.
Boy: Hey, wait! You swore! [to not kill]
Other Man: [smiles] Trust me.

Terminator II: Judgment Day. First clue is Dr. Dyson, Sarah Connor and John Connor discussing the arrival of a few hundred cops at Dyson's corporate headquarters. Correctly guessed by E. McPan. Second quote is the Terminator and John Connor discussing how to deal with the few hundred cops.

Movie #6
Woman: You could die. At least tell me your name.
Man: It's not who I am underneath, but what I *do* that defines me.
Batman Begins. Guessed by lawgeekgurl.

Movie #7
Woman 1: If I was a guy, I think women would like, line up to go out with me. I'm smart. I have a good sense of humor. I make a great living.
Woman 2: I'd fuck you.
Woman 1: Thank you, honey. I know you would.
The Truth About Cats And Dogs. Guessed by TSC Girl.
Dr. Abby Barnes and Noelle played by Janene Garafalo and Uma Thurman.

Move #8
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode."
Serenity. Again guessed by lawgeekgurl. I put that one in JUST for you.

Movie #9
"Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."

I'll provide another hint. It really is a great movie if you've seen it.

Woman, "I'd love to go with you, but I've got a class right now."
Man, "Well, why don't you come and see me some time when you have no class. "

Okay this is the third and final hint. The best analysis of the VietNam War ever.

"Is she right? 'Cause I know that's the *popular* version of what went on there. And a lot of people like to believe that. I wish I could, but I was *there*. I wasn't here in a classroom, hoping I was right, thinking about it. I was up to my knees in rice paddies, with guns that didn't work! Going in there, looking for Charlie, slugging it out with him. While pussies like you were back here partying, putting headbands on, doing drugs, and listening to the goddamn Beatle albums! Oh! Oh! Oh!"

DING DING DING! Senor Pez is correct. The movie is the Rodney Dangerfield classic Back To School.

Movie #10
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."
Gladiator - Maximus - Russell Crowe. Guessed by Bauer.

Movie #11
Woman: "Don't worry I got you."
Man: "You! You got me? Who's got you?"
Superman. Once again guessed by lawgeekgurl. The scene where the helicopter crashes on top of The Daily Planet and Lois Lane is hanging out the side. Superman reveals his existance to the world that dark and stormy night. CLASSIC.

I forgot to tag some unfortunate victims. Since TSC Girl is good at this you get one :-) Legal Quandary needs a bar review study break. LawGeekGurl needs an assignment when she gets back from her trip. Robin you'll be great at this too.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.